Reading time is 1 mins


Most of the society complains of lower back, back or neck pain at certain periods of their lives. Although these pains are most often due to mechanical, that is, muscle or ligament problems, many of them are also caused by joint degeneration or disc herniation, that is, a hernia. Expert Physiotherapist, who gave information about the treatment of hernia, said:

“As many of us know, a ‘hernia’ is a condition tears the sheaths of the discs between the joints and puts pressure on the nerve roots or spinal cord at that level. In 3% of these cases, surgery is required, while the remaining 97% recover with medication or, in more advanced cases, physical therapy. As is known, the hernia problem causes serious restrictions and labor losses in patients, but long-term relief can be achieved with purposefully planned physical therapy and exercise programs. If it is late for serious complaints, it can sometimes cause irreversible damage, and therefore, especially in the case of signs of power loss, a doctor should be consulted immediately.” said.

Turkey Medicals member and hospital Expert Physiotherapist noted the following regarding the treatment of hernia, which conditions may or may not be surgical:

– Only pain is not enough evidence for surgery, if there is numbness, a further examination should definitely be done.

– Although movement restrictions may suggest a hernia, they often indicate muscle or ligament problems.

– Numbness that occurs only in the hands or feet, although they are signs of a hernia, can be confused with some nerve compression.

– Complaints of chills in the hands and feet are not included the signs of a hernia.

– Muscle strength is the most obvious symptom for surgery, a doctor should definitely be consulted if there is a loss of fingers or ankle muscles.

– Balance problems during walking or falling of hand-held objects are one of the symptoms for further examination.

– Sometimes pains can occur not only in the waist or neck, but also in the leg or arm stimulated by the corresponding nerve, in these cases they should definitely be examined.


Follow me
President of Organ Transplant Center at MedicalPark Hospital Antalya

Turkey's world-renowned organ transplant specialist. Dr. Demirbaş has 104 international publications and 102 national publications.

Physician's Resume:

Born on August 7, 1963 in Çorum, Prof. Dr. Alper Demirbaş has been continuing his work as the President of MedicalPark Antalya Hospital Organ Transplantation Center since 2008.

Prof. who performed the first tissue incompatible kidney transplant in Turkey, the first blood type incompatible kidney transplant, the first kidney-pancreas transplant program and the first cadaveric donor and live donor liver transplant in Antalya. Dr. As of August 2016, Alper Demirbaş has performed 4900 kidney transplants, 500 liver transplants and 95 pancreas transplants.

In addition to being the chairman of 6 national congresses, he has also been an invited speaker at 12 international and 65 national scientific congresses. Dr. Alper Demirbaş was married and the father of 1 girl and 1 boy.


Eczacibasi Medical Award of 2002, Akdeniz University Service Award of 2005, Izder Medical Man of the Year Award of 2006, BÖHAK Medical Man of the Year Award of 2007, Sabah Mediterranean Newspaper Scientist of the Year Award of 2007, ANTIKAD Scientist of the Year Award of 2009, Social Ethics Association Award of 2010, Işık University Medical Man of the Year Award of 2015, VTV Antalya's Brand Value Award of 2015.


Doctor of Medicine Degree Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine Ankara, General Surgeon Ministry of Health Turkey EKFMG (0-477-343-8), University of Miami School of Medicine Member of Multiple Organ Transplant, ASTS Multiorgan Transplant Scholarship. Lecturer at Kyoto University. Lecturer at University of Essen, Research assistant at the University of Cambridge .

Professional Members:

American Society of Transplant Surgeons, American Transplantation Society Nominated, Middle East and Southern Africa Council Transplantation Society 2007, International Liver Transplantation Association, Turkish Transplantation Association, Turkish Society of Surgery, Turkish Hepatobiliary Surgery Association.


Our website contents consist of articles approved by our Web and Medical Editorial Board with the contributions of our physicians. Our contents are prepared only for informational purposes for public benefit. Be sure to consult your doctor for diagnosis and treatment.
Medically Reviewed by Professor Doctor Alper Demirbaş
Follow me
Latest posts by Medically Reviewed by Professor Doctor Alper Demirbaş (see all)